Banging on the Door of Heaven

Luke 18:1–8 (KJV)

1 And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint; 2 Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man: 3 And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary. 4 And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man; 5 Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me. 6 And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith. 7 And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them? 8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Question

What have you stopped praying about? Is it something you should stop praying about? Did God give you a no answer or like the Apostle Paul the answer of live with the thorn in your flesh.

Or are you seeking justice and like the widow in the above parable you need to be persistent. When it comes to things of the kingdom we should not stop praying.

When it comes to the salvation of lost friends and family I need to be reminded about God’s expectation that I persist in prayer.

I need to be reminded that humans ought to always pray and NOT lose heart. I need to hear the words of the Lord when he says, “shall not God avenge his own elect!”

I am part of that elect and I need to be reminded that God is hearing each and every prayer I bring before his throne and I so wish to be a prayer warrior that moves the very heart of God.

Question: What kingdom oriented things are you praying about? On a daily basis I pray that God would send us more visitors each and every Sunday. Will you join me in this request?

I want to cry day and night about the salvation of lost family members, asking that God would do a sovereign work in their life. I don’t want God’s hands to be tied or limited when it comes to saving my lost relatives. I don’t want their freewill to win over God’s sovereign convicting, life-changing, faith-giving influence.

In eternity, what will it be like to discover stories about God’s plan that His heart be moved to save souls through the prayers of the elect who cry day and night?

It is time to get back on our knees and start pounding on the door of heaven, crying day and night that God would hear and answer our prayers.